Everybody goes to clinics, to doctors, to hospitals, so on. Some people go to Planned Parenthood. But you don't have to go to Planned Parenthood to get your cholesterol or your blood pressure checked**. If you want an abortion, you go to Planned Parenthood, and that's well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does.
Except not. If I wanted an abortion and walked into any of the 6 Planned Parenthoods in my area, they'd send me somewhere else. Which is why I personally wouldn't go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion. See, well over 90% -- a full 97% -- of what Planned Parenthood does is not abortion-related. Abortion accounts for 3%. Jon Kyl explained that his statements were "not meant to be factual."
I don't think Jon Kyl has to explain himself at all. It's SO HARD to find information in this information age of ours. I mean, how many spare seconds do you think Senator Kyl has to do the following:
1. Google "Planned Parenthood."
2. Click on the first link.
3. Click the "About Us" drop-down menu.
4. Click "Annual Report."
5. Click on the picture in the middle of the page.
6. Scroll down to page 6.
7. Admire the colorful pie chart showing the percentage of services that Planned Parenthood provides.
That was a workout. Cancel your gym memberships, people! Looking for facts is seriously sweat-inducing exercise.
* This is a list of the riders in lay terms and in an easy-to-read chart. Here is the full H.R. 1 bill.
** Unless you're poor and have no health insurance. It's a good thing Planned Parenthood provides these services.