Monday, October 13, 2008

And Yet More Unmoderated Comments by Dummies

I have to admit, I was hoping to find another unmoderated comment to post about when I logged in to Blogger just now. And my dreams came true! For some reason, people are only posting comments in posts from a long time ago, and they're always posting under "Anonymous." This comment was in regards to a post I wrote about a "crime scene" themed photo shoot on America's Next Top Model. The photos were obviously going for a dead chic thing, which glamorizes violent crimes against women. Some people seem to think that's not disturbing at all.

photoshoots aren't always meant to be sexy or appealing. some of them are meant to cause shock or awe, or even make a statement about politics or human nature itself. i can't believe that you all would make such a big deal about a little blood and guts, when there was obviously no harm intended in it. i liked the shoot, personally, i think if photography causes controversy, then it has done it's job.

Convincing, right? "Photo shoots aren't always meant to be sexy and sometimes try to make a political statement, but I'm not going to tell you that these photos weren't meant to be sexy and what that political statement really is, because I know deep down that what I just said doesn't apply to this case." It's funny when people try to rationalize their own sexist opinions.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones